Cheese and Crackers Christmas Tree
When I was asked by Fantastic Snacks to come up with a festive party food idea to go with their broad range of crackers, I knew it had to be a Christmas Tree. I wanted to get my children involved in the process of creating something for guests that i knew all children would find fun (and help mum and dad in the process). And so this Cheese and Crackers Christmas Tree was created and yes it is as yummy and fun to eat and put together as it looks.
Aside from the fact that pomegranate juice went everywhere while trying to clean the seeds out of the fruit, it was virtually mess free to put together (feel free to buy the seeds ready in a container if you have trouble cleaning the pomegranate as much as i do! LOL)
The height of this Cheese and Crackers Tree is around 20cm to the top of the star and feeds around 20 guests as a nibbles start to any party. If you add a few olives and semi-sundried tomatoes on the side you will have an absolutely gorgeous antipasto platter that your guests will be raving about (and a few will take out their smart phones to take a pic too).
Now feel free to add the whole 2 tbs of lemon zest as it adds such a great tang to the creamy tree and to make sure it is not too creamy I have added tasty cheese and parmesan cheese to the mixture as well.
Now I have added the Delites crackers range to the tree as these crackers have a really nice curve shape and make the tree look so pretty. You will notice in the photos I have also sprinkled some parmesan cheese over the top of the tree and crackers to make it look like snow. Feel free to add your own twist to it!
And as always, please tag me or send me an image of what you are Creating, Cooking and Sharing! I love seeing how my recipes come together and it makes me so happy that I can offer ideas to you.
Finally, A Merry Christmas to you all and a joyful, peaceful and above all healthy new year. My parents used to say to me, "ABOVE ALL, HEALTH!"and so be well and take care of yourselves and each other. Enjoy x
Below is my daughter digging into the Cheese and Crackers Tree and a behind the scenes photo. I don't post many but i was asked too by afew of you and so here is one of them.
500g cream cheese block, at room temperature
200g grated tasty cheese
50g parmesan cheese
½ cup finely chopped chives
1-2 tbs lemon zest
Fantastic Snacks Crackers of choice from the Delites Range
¼ cup pomegranate seeds
½ cup finely chopped parsley
1 tbs natural almond slices
Fantastic Snacks Crackers of choice from the Rice Crackers range (for variety I use 2 types of crackers in this recipe)
1. In a bowl, combine well the cream cheese, tasty cheese, parmesan cheese, chives and lemon zest.
2. Place onto a serving plate and using clean hands, form a Christmas tree shape. Compact it as much as possible.
3. Press chopped parsley onto the surface of the tree and cover all the cheese section.
4. Starting at base, insert Delites Fantastic Crackers in a pattern, making your way to the top of the tree.
5. Place in between pomegranate seeds and sliced almonds to decorate.
6. Using a cookie cutter, create a star out of a piece of cheese or lemon rind and insert into the top of the tree with a toothpick.
7. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
8. Serve with Fantastic Rice Crackers and the remaining Delites Crackers for variety.