Wrapped Fish with Potatoes and Tomatoes
Fish, potatoes and tomatoes are the three main ingredients you need for this Wrapped Fish with Potatoes and Tomatoes recipe. Simple and quick with Mediterranean flavours, it's the perfect mid-week meal!
So, is it really that easy? Yes! Place the potatoes, fish and tomatoes onto a sheet of baking paper, season, add the herbs and dressing and bake for 15 minutes. Ridiculously easy right? What’s even better is that you do not necessarily need an expensive fish for this recipe. The rosemary, oregano, lemon, olive oil and balsamic vinegar enhance any fish fillet you may use which makes this recipe even more versatile. Furthermore, cooking the fish in its own juices keeps the fillet moist and extra juicy which is what you want especially if you decide to serve it with rice or quinoa.
So next time you are wondering what to cook for dinner during the week, grab a few fish fillets and in less than 20 minutes dinner can be ready! Check out my video below.
And now it’s time to start cooking! As always, if you make any of my recipes, I would love to hear your feedback. I am available here via email or you can catch me daily on Instagram and Facebook. Don’t forget to save it on your Pinterest board as well! I have a board named CreateCookShare that you can follow and save. Can’t wait to hear from you. Enjoy x
250g x 4 white fish fillets, cod fish, ling or snapper
250g cherry tomatoes
2 medium potatoes, sliced into 12 x 2mm slices
2 tbs fresh rosemary leaves
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil (plus extra if needed)
1-2 tbs balsamic vinegar
1 tbs fresh lemon juice
Plenty of Sea salt and pepper
Garnish with fresh parsley or coriander
1. Preheat oven 210C fan forced. Arrange 4 large sheets of baking paper.
2. In a bowl whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar and lemon juice.
3. Place onto each baking paper 3 slices of potatoes overlapping then top each with a piece of fish and the tomatoes.
4. Season, add the herbs and then drizzle over the top the olive oil mixture.
5. Fold the paper over the fish and seal it together.
6. Bake for 18 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish fillet.
7. Allow to stand for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh herbs and drizzle EVOO.
8. Optional to serve with steamed rice, broccoli, sweet potato wedges or a lettuce salad.