Baked Fish Pizza with Pesto
If there is one recipe you will cook this week, then make it my BAKED FISH PIZZA WITH MEDITERRANEAN PESTO. Not only is it the most delicious fish recipe I have created, but it is also a great way to create a gourmet meal that is quick, healthy and really simple to put together.
Best of all this recipe needs only 6 ingredients: fish, breadcrumbs, parmesan, Barilla Pesto Rustico, broccolini and olive oil. There is only a need for a handful of ingredients as the flavour comes from #barillaaus Mediterranean Pesto Rustico that is filled with tomatoes, red peppers, yellow peppers, eggplant, zucchini, onion, parsley and oregano. Sounds so good and tastes even better.
To make this is even simpler.
1. Combine the breadcrumbs and parmesan.
2. Spoon over the fish the Pesto Rustico.
3. Top with the breadcrumb and parmesan mixture
4. Add the broccolini to the tray.
Simple, quick and scrumdiddlyumptious! Enjoy!
Spoon the Mediterranean Pesto over the Fish Fillets
Spoon the Parmesan Breadcrumb mixture over the Pesto
Add the seasoned broccolini and bake!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 18 minutes
4 x 200g Barramundi Fillets or Cod Fillets
1 jar Barilla Mediterranean Pesto Rustico
¼ cup breadcrumbs of choice (traditional, gluten-free or grain-free)
½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
2 bunch broccolini, wash and spun dried
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Garnish with fresh parsley leaves
Serve as a side dish a simple Spaghetti with garlic and olive oil or some Kalamata olives.
1. Preheat oven 190C fan-forced and line a tray with baking paper.
2. Add to a bowl the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese and combine.
3. Pat dry the fish with a paper towel. Lightly season the skin side with sea salt, pepper and drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil and place skin side facing down onto baking paper.
4. Spoon 1 ½ tablespoon of pesto over each fillet and spread it with the back of the spoon then top each fillet with the breadcrumb and parmesan mixture.
5. Add to the tray the broccolini and drizzle extra virgin olive oil all over. Season with sea salt and pepper.
6. Bake for 20 minutes (may vary slightly depending on how thick the fillets are)
7. Garnish with fresh parsley leaves and serve with olives or a simple Spaghetti with garlic and olive oil.
PS. On a side note, this Mediterranean Pesto Rustico is a lunch box lifesaver as the kids love to combine it with boiled pasta and take it to school for lunch (yes, it’s #nutfree )
The range is natural with no preservatives or additives and is naturally Gluten-Free.