Friday Night Platter
In Australia, summer is around the corner and no one really wants to be stuck in the kitchen cooking on a Friday night, so I've put together this lovely vegetarian platter to show how delicious and hearty a platter can be.
For the Potatoes:
1 kg potatoes
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon crushed cashews
1 tablespoon dried oregano
Cut the potatoes into wedges, seasoned with plenty of extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, pepper, oregano and a tablespoon of crushed cashews.
Place them in a preheated 200C fan forced oven to bake for 45 minutes while you prepare the platter.
1. Hummus Dip (I topped it with sesame seeds, oregano, and EVOO)
2. Variety of Olives
3. Baby Gherkins
4. Baby Carrots
5. Snow Peas / Snap Peas or Green Beans
6. Block of Cheese (I have used Kefalotyri, a Greek cheese)
7. Mini Tomatoes
9. Wedges of Oranges (I used blood oranges)
11. Walnuts, almonds or Pistachios
12. Two types of crisps
13. Two types of cheese (leave out for dairy-free or add dairy-free alternative)
Now it's a matter of putting it all together, and don't forget to leave a space for those potato wedges! Once they're baked allow them to cool for 10 minutes and then add them to your platter. Time to enjoy and why not grab a glass of your favourite wine or beverage, sit back and nibble on this healthy Friday Night Platter all night? Enjoy!