Healthy Carrot Cake Cookies
These Healthy Carrot Cake Cookies have the goodness of cauliflower flour, fresh carrot, sweet sultanas and the health benefits of quinoa. Enjoy them freshly made, in your lunchbox or cold straight from the fridge! But they come with a warning: they are highly addictive!
On a more serious note, as we are facing difficult times ahead, I would like to send out a message of love, kindness and health. We are all in this together, facing this virus that has overtaken the world and I encourage you all to remain calm, logical and hopeful. And so I hope you find some fun and joy in making these Healthy Carrot Cake Cookies either for yourself or for your loved ones or even as an activity in the kitchen with your children. Health, kindness and courage to all.
Note: I am aware that many of you are overseas and can not access this flour. I would suggest replacing it with gluten free all-purpose flour.
Watch How to Make It
Healthier Carrot Cake Cookies
Makes: 16-18 Cookies:
1 cup PomPom Paddock Flour or Gluten Free all-purpose flour
1 cup quinoa flakes
1 cup grated carrot
1 egg, whisked
¾ cup sultanas
¼ cup coconut sugar
½ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
1 ½ teaspoon vanilla bean extract
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup icing sugar
1 ½ teaspoons milk of choice
1. Line baking tray with baking paper and preheat oven 180°C fan forced / 200°C conventional oven / 400°F.
2. Soak sultanas in hot water for 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
3. In a bowl add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, salt and quinoa flakes. Combine well.
4. In a separate bowl add the coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla bean and egg. Combine well.
5. Fold the flour mixture, carrot and sultanas into the egg mixture. Combine well.
6. Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon, drop a scoop onto the baking tray and using a fork gently flatten. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
7. Bake for 10 minutes then turn the tray around in the oven and bake a further 5 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
8. In the meantime, combine the icing sugar and milk. Once cookies have cooled down, drizzle over the top. Allow to set before serving.
9. Store in the fridge for up to 10 days.