Pumpkin Spice Waffles
Would you believe me if I told you prior to this recipe, that I had never eaten Waffles? All I can think about now is why it took me so long to get a waffle maker!
These Pumpkin Waffles by PomPom Paddack are packed with flavour because of the amazing combination of ingredients and of course warming spices!
It’s not often I’ll post someone else’s recipe so I guess this shows how impressed I was by this. Furthermore, don’t assume this is a sweets only recipe. The photos may show it served with vanilla bean yogurt, figs, berries, soft pears, mint and icing sugar but I can assure you…. The leftover waffles after this photo shoot were eaten with bacon, eggs, cheese and a drizzle of maple syrup. OH MY GOODNESS !!!
So don’t wait… Grab the recipe and make these Waffles.
If you don’t have this flour available to you then maybe try a combination of plain flour, rice flour and tapioca however I must say the PomPom Paddock Cauliflower Flour gives it a flavour you simply cannot replicate. Enjoy x
For further details on PomPom Paddock please see https://www.pompompaddock.com/
· 200 grams PomPom Paddock Cauliflower Flour
· 1 tablespoon baking powder
· ¾ teaspoon salt
· ¼ teaspoon allspice
· 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
· ½ teaspoon ground ginger
· ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
· 3 large eggs
· ⅔ cup plain unsweetened almond milk (or any milk of choice)
· ½ cup melted coconut oil or 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
· ½ cup pumpkin puree
· 3 tablespoons maple syrup
· 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix through and combine the Flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg and all spice.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Then add the milk, coconut oil or butter, pumpkin purée, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk until the mixture is thoroughly blended.
3. Pour the liquid mixture into the Flour mixture. Stir with a large spoon until just combined (the batter will still be a little lumpy). Let the batter rest for 10 minutes so the Flour has time to soak up some of the moisture. Plug in your waffle iron to preheat now.