Chicken and Halloumi Tray Bake
This Chicken and Halloumi Tray Bake is what you call a crowd-pleaser. It is an all-in-one, fuss-free, delicious, simple, and mid-week chicken recipe.
There isn't much to say when a recipe is so easy and straightforward as this one except one thing - you will love it!
It is recipes like these that I appreciate having on hand especially during the festive season when I don't want to spend too much time in the kitchen. I have attached a video here to show you how easy it is. Enjoy!
As always, if you make any of my recipes, I would love to hear your feedback. Don’t forget to save it on your Pinterest board as well! I have a board named CreateCookShare that you can follow and save. Can’t wait to hear from you.
Be Well, Margaret x
Chicken and Haloumi Tray Bake
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
800g Chicken Breast (I used The Bare Bird Chicken)
8 baby red potatoes, cut into small quartered pieces
200g halloumi, sliced 2cm thick
6 cloves of garlic, halved
Chicken and Potato Marinade:
8 springs of fresh thyme, leaves removed
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 tablespoons honey
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Zest of 1 lemon
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
¼ cup fresh dill, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180C fan-forced and line a roasting tray with baking paper.
2. Combine in a bowl the extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest, honey, oregano, and thyme leaves and mix well.
3. Place chicken, potatoes, and whole garlic cloves into a large bowl and drizzle over the marinade. Season with sea salt and pepper. Spread onto the baking tray, cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and add the halloumi slices. Place back into the oven uncovered for a further 10-15 minutes.
5. In the meantime, whisk in a bowl the dressing ingredients. Set aside.
6. Once baked remove from oven. Take the garlic from the tray and add it to the dressing. Mash the garlic with a fork and then whisk all ingredients to combine. Spoon the dressing over the chicken, potatoes, and halloumi. Serve immediately.
Note: to make this recipe dairy free, use vegan halloumi