Cinnamon Baked Pears
Pears are still in season and what better way to celebrate this delicious fruit than with cinnamon and some added sweetness. My Cinnamon Baked Pears are just that – sweet and delicious and a shortcut way to eating a pear tart. This recipe makes a perfect breakfast, snack, or dessert and it’s gluten, dairy, and refined sugar-free!
I can describe my favourite thing about this dessert in two words – Pears and Cinnamon. If you find yourself at the supermarket you must grab some pears and cinnamon spice. It’s not only easy to put together but the perfect guilt-free reason to cook dessert and enjoy it too. No need for sugar as the pears are soft and sweet enough, the muesli crunchy enough and the cinnamon spicy and warm enough that there is no need for any other sugar or spice. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
4 ripe pears, halved and cored
¾ cup granola or muesli (gluten-free)
2 tablespoons nut butter of choice (I used almond butter)
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon cinnamon spice (I used McCormick Organic Spice)
4 tablespoons maple syrup
Natural or Vanilla Bean Yogurt
Organic Cinnamon Spice
1. Preheat the oven at 160C fan-forced and line a tray with baking paper.
2. Prepare pears by cutting in half and remove the core (use a spoon or melon baller) to create a hole for the granola mixture. Brush the tops and sides of the pears with half the maple syrup.
3. Combine the nut butter with the water and remaining maple syrup and microwave for 40 seconds to soften. Then combine the nut butter, cinnamon, and granola to create a paste.
4. Place pears onto a tray and evenly distribute granola mixture between the pears. Cover loosely with baking paper and bake for 45 minutes.
5. Serve warm over yogurt and with a drizzle of honey and extra sprinkle of cinnamon.