Lemon Garlic Chicken and Potatoes
Finger licking and so good, these Lemon Garlic Chicken Wings and Potatoes are delicious, addictive and loved by all.
Are you like me? I can never get enough of chicken wings or potatoes. I think it’s my favourite meat and vegetable so I cook it in every way I can but this has got to be the easiest by far. Lemon, garlic and oregano pair perfectly together in this delicious and rich sauce and both the chicken wings and potatoes seem to just drink in all that sauce leaving them flavourful, moist and slightly crunchy.
What’s also wonderful is that it takes 5 minutes to prep as the only thing you need to do is cut up the potatoes and combine the marinade.
Check out my video below. #traybaketuesday
And now onto the recipe and some suggestions:
· Don’t be shy to add extra lemon juice, olive oil or seasoning. I always believe this depends upon individual taste buds and what you are used too, however I do recommend adding at least what I have suggested to keep the chicken and potatoes moist and flavourful.
· Feel free to add fresh herbs as well. Thyme or rosemary would be a perfect addition to the flavours.
· Keep this marinade in mind for barbecuing as well.
Create variations for this recipe. These are some examples:
· Use drumsticks instead of chicken wings
· Use sweet potato instead of potato
· Use parmesan cheese and sprinkle a good amount over the chicken instead of feta
· Add diced zucchini or carrot as an added vegetable. Both suit the marinade.
· Add the feta and parsley 10 minutes before finishing cooking time as this melts the feta and adds a creamy component to the dish.
And now it’s time to start cooking! As always, if you make any of my recipes, I would love to hear your feedback. I am available here via email or you can catch me daily on Instagram and Facebook. Don’t forget to save it on your Pinterest board as well! I have a board named CreateCookShare that you can follow and save. Can’t wait to hear from you.
8 chicken wings
4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered into wedges
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
3 tsp dried Greek oregano
6 garlic cloves, minced
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Optional: thyme or rosemary
1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
100g-150g feta, crumbled
1. Preheat oven 190C fan forced and line baking tray with baking paper.
2. In a bowl add the EVOO, lemon juice, garlic and oregano. Whisk with a fork to combine well.
3. Place in the baking tray the chicken wings and potatoes. Drizzle the marinade all over and evenly coat over the chicken and potatoes. Drizzle extra oil if needed.
4. Place into oven uncovered on centre rack for 45 minutes (turn baking tray around half way through to evenly bake).
5. Serve hot. Sprinkle parsley leaves, feta and if required an extra squeeze of lemon juice.
6. Suggestion: Add the feta and parsley 10 minutes before finishing cooking time as this melts the feta and adds a creamy component to the dish. YUM!
note: cut potatoes as shown in thin wedges so they cook within the 45 minutes
Thank you x