Baked Salmon with Peas and Butter Beans
This is the salmon recipe of your dreams and it doesn’t get easier than this recipe. All it takes is baking the salmon and sautéing the beans. That’s pretty much it. Good ...right?
· Making sure your salmon is juicy and flaky is essential and works well as long as the oven has been preheated and its at 200-210C fan forced. Do not leave it longer than what is suggested but you can take it out earlier.
· While it’s an easy recipe for dinner, it’s also perfect for entertaining. Prepare the salmon prior then when guests arrive pop it in the oven. While its cooking, prepare the bean salad.
· Feel free to change up the spices and types of beans you use. The variety and versions are limitless. A personal favourite is adding crushed fresh garlic to this version. Why not try it?
· If you want to add a side dish, pair it with roasted cauliflower, cucumber salad, rice, quinoa or even couscous.
And now it’s time to start cooking! As always, if you make any of my recipes, I would love to hear your feedback. I am available here via email or you can catch me daily on Instagram and Facebook. Don’t forget to save it on your Pinterest board as well! I have a board named CreateCookShare that you can follow and save. Can’t wait to hear from you. Enjoy x
Salmon 1kg side salmon, pat dried 1tsp dried Greek oregano 1/2 tsp dried marjoram Sea salt and pepper 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
2 cups frozen peas, defrosted
400g can butter beans, rinsed
1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
1 brown onion, diced
Sea salt and pepper
Juice of 1 lemon
1. Season fish and drizzle with oil. Bake in preheated oven 200C fan forced for 20 minutes 2. In the meantime make the Pea and Butter Bean Salad 3. Add to a pan the oil, onion and peas. Cook for a few minutes and then add the butter beans, dill and seasoning. Cook for a further 3 minutes. Turn off heat and squeeze lemon juice all over. 4. Once salmon is baked pour half of the pea and butter bean salad over fish and serve in a bowl the remaining.