Chicken and Cheese Bake
Loaded with chicken, plenty of tasty cheese, and a good serving of healthy vegetables, this easy, quick, and delicious Chicken and Cheese Bake is the perfect comfort food for a mid-week dinner. It only needs 15 minutes of prepping and then into the oven. You’ll love the melted cheese topping, succulent chicken, and crunchy vegetables all coated in a creamy cheese and herb mixture, that you’ll wish you had leftovers for lunch the next day.
8 chicken thigh fillets
1 head broccoli, chopped into chunks
1 large sweet potato, diced into 3cm cubes
3-4 medium potatoes, diced into 2cm cubes
¼ cup almond meal or breadcrumbs of choice
1 cup grated tasty / cheddar cheese
½ cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil plus 2 tbs extra for vegetables
1 cup combined fresh herbs (parsley, dill, and chives)
1 tsp ground onion
1 tsp ground garlic
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven 200C fan-forced and line the baking dish with baking paper.
2. Add to a bowl the cheese mixture ingredients and combine well.
3. Add the vegetables to a bowl or directly into the baking dish and pour one-third of the cheese mixture over them along with the extra 2 tablespoons of EVOO and combine well making sure everything has been evenly coated. Spread out over dish.
4. Place the chicken pieces over the vegetables and evenly distribute the cheese mixture over each thigh piece and then top with a good sprinkling of the almond meal or breadcrumb mixture.
5. Place a piece of baking paper over the top and bake for 20 minutes. Remove baking paper and further bake for 25 minutes. Serve immediately.