Easter Nest Mini Cheesecakes
These lusciously creamy mini cheesecakes topped with crunchy chocolate nests are not only the perfect size for a treat but also an eye-catching dessert for any Easter table.
Mini cheesecakes are almost too good to be true. When decorated, they look so pretty and stand out on any table setting. They are perfectly creamy and sweet with just the right amount of crunch in the base. We love them topped with a strawberry jam glaze, pecan and caramel swirl or when it's the festive season, with these adorable (and really delicious) Easter nests.
INGREDIENTS AND COOKING TIPS:
The Crust / Base: The wonderful thing about this recipe, is that it can be made gluten free or using traditional wheat based ingreients. It is a 1:1 swap. I have used a combination of Chang's Asian Food Fried Noodles (comes in Original and Gluten Free) plus a handful of sweet plain biscuits. The combination gives it a unique texture and flavour compared to a tradional cheesecake, however, you can use only the biscuits in the base if you prefer to do so. These are the noodles I used https://www.changs.com/products/noodles/ and these are the biscuits I used https://ledanutrition.com/shop/arrowroot-biscuits/
Cheesecake Filling: You will notice white chocolate is added to the filing. Making sure this has cooled before adding, is important. Another important tip is making sure the cream cheese is at room temperature and when whisking with the other ingredinets, making sure to combine well until it is completely smooth, so as to not end up with lumps of cream cheese.
White Chocolate Nest: Only 3 ingredients are needed to make these cute nests. Melt the white chocolate and add the fried noodles to the chocolate. I added a couple of spoonfuls to cupcake papers which made it easy to create the nest shape. Add the chocolate eggs in the centre while the chocolate is still melted and warm so the eggs can set in the nest.
Watch How to Make It
Other Dessert Recipes
Melomakarona (Greek Honey and Walnut Biscuits)
Bread and Berry Pudding
Tiramisu with Honeycomb Chocolate
And now it’s time to start cooking! As always, if you make any of my recipes, I would love to hear your feedback. Don’t forget to save it on your Pinterest board as well! I have a board named CreateCookShare that you can follow and save. Can’t wait to hear from you.
Happy Cooking, Margaret x
Easter Nest Mini Cheesecakes
Prep: 20 minutes
Refrigeration: 3 hours or overnight
Makes 12 large muffin size cheesecakes
4 plain sweet biscuits (Arrowroot traditional or gluten-free)
2 packets Chang’s Fried Noodles, Original or Gluten-Free
120g melted unsalted butter GRAMS
1 tablespoon strawberry jam
½ cup icing sugar
250g cream cheese, at room temperature
250g thickened cream, whipped
100g white chocolate, melted and cooled down
White Chocolate Nest:
1 packet Chang’s Fried Noodles, Original or Gluten-Free
200g white chocolate, melted
Mini Easter Candy Coated Eggs, for topping
1. Line 12 large muffin tins with muffin or cupcake liners.
2. To make the crust, pulse in a food processor the fried noodles and biscuits, until resembles crumbs and combine in a bowl with the melted butter. Divide equally into the and press down. It is helpful to use a shot glass to press down the mixture. Set aside.
3. To make the cheesecake filling, whisk the cream and the icing sugar until it thickens. Then add the cream cheese and the strawberry jam until well combined and finally the white chocolate, making sure it has cooled down.
4. Divide filling evenly between the tins, leveling out the top, and place into the refrigerator overnight (alternatively add to the freezer for 3 hours)
5. In the meantime, make the nests by combining in a bowl, Chang’s Fried Noodles with the melted chocolate. Using a fork and spoon create as many nests are needed and place them onto baking paper to harden and set. Alternatively add to mini cupcake cases which create the shape on its own. Add the candied eggs to the nests while the chocolate is still setting so they can stick to the nest. Place into the refrigerator for 2 hours.
6. Once all ingredients are set, remove cheesecakes from muffin liners, place nests on top and serve.
7. Optional to make these ahead of time; simply assemble, store in an air-tight container and refrigerate until needed. Stores for up to a week.
Have you tried this recipe?
Share it with me at @createcookshare on Facebook, Instagram or TikTok!