Spaghetti Marinara with Coconut Milk
The combination of succulent seafood, fresh tomatoes, garlic, and coconut cream is simply superb. The flavours will sing!
Most cook a red sauce spaghetti marinara but I grew up with my mum’s version. It is, I believe the best and worthy of its title! Then again, we all love our mums cooking so I asked her if I could share her recipe with you all and she agreed. Create it, Cook it and Share it with your loved ones and I’m sure they will all agree - it’s a keeper!
1kg Seafood Marinara Mix
10 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 large tomatoes, peeled and finely diced
1 red chilli, sliced (optional to remove seeds)
150ml dry white wine
400ml coconut milk
Freshly Ground Pepper
1 cup finely chopped parsley
1. Cook the pasta in salted boiling water and according to packet instructions.
2. In a large wok heat the extra virgin olive oil and add the garlic and chilli. Stir continuously for a minute and then add the Marinara Mix. Make sure the heat is on high and the wok is hot. Continuously stir for 3 minutes.
3. Now add the tomato, parsley, dry white wine and season generously. Continue to stir for another 2 minutes.
4. Add the coconut milk and bring to boil. Once boiling turn off the heat and add the pasta to the wok. Toss gently to combine well.
5. Allow sitting for 6-7 minutes before serving which allows the pasta to absorb the coconut milk. Serve with extra slices of chilli and a good amount of freshly ground pepper.